The aim of this research project is to explore the essential ethical aspects of End of Life (EOL) care from different stakeholders’ perspectives and to integrate the results into a theoretical framework that enables the introduction of ethical aspects to EOL care and improvement of nurses’ education on the ethical aspects of EOL care. This project will be carried out between 2017 and 2021 in Finland, Spain and UK.
At this page you will find actual information about the project and it’s developement. For more detailled information please click the links beneath.
- 13.8.2018: We have obtained the reciprocal ethical approval from University of Salford and may start the pilot study of the euthanasia quesionnaire during the research visit of the PI in University of Salford (2.-6.9.2018)
- 11.4.2018: Research visit (9.-13.4.2018) to Saint John of God School of Nursing, Barcelona, Spain.
- 8.1.2018: The data collection will be extended until 31.1.2018
- 18.11.2017: We have started the first data collection in “Ethical aspects of EOL care”. Information about the study may be found here (in Finnish). Data will be collected until 7.1.2018.
- 12.10.2017: IDEC-homepage was published online.
- 26.9.2017: The ethical approval was obtained for the parts ”Ethical aspects of EOL care” and ”Euthanasia attitudes” from the The Research Ethics Committee of the Northern Savo Hospital District .
- Please contact us via email: kysytutkimuksesta(a).gmail.com or by using the contact form